Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
We put a holiday spin on the classic Tres Leches Cake, and the result is a decadent eggnog dessert that’ll be your favorite indulgence of the season.2
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven to cooling rack. Immediately poke holes using fork over top of cake, wiping fork tines occasionally with paper towel to reduce sticking.
- In medium bowl, stir together Filling ingredients until blended. Evenly pour over cake, working back and forth to fill holes. Refrigerate uncovered 2 hours or until chilled (when cutting pieces to serve, you may notice some of the liquid in bottom of pan).
- In chilled medium bowl, beat Topping ingredients with electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost top of chilled cake with whipped cream. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg on top. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.