One-Bowl Caramelized Banana Bread Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze
You’ve seen an ordinary bundt cake. You’ve tasted it too, and although there’s nothing wrong with the classic cake, it can go a whole lot further in delicious flavor. Our banana bread bundt cake is the new incredible on the block. Adding a salted caramel glaze on top takes this banana bundt cake to all-new levels of delicious. You won’t believe it only takes 20 minutes of prep to make a dessert that goes down like heaven.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 sliced ripe medium bananas
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup caramel topping
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and bananas. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 minutes or until bananas are cooked and caramelized.
- Add cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place cake on serving plate.
- Drizzle cake with caramel topping. Sprinkle with kosher salt.