One-Bowl Caramelized Banana Bread Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 20 Minutes
You’ve seen an ordinary bundt cake. You’ve tasted it too, and although there’s nothing wrong with the classic cake, it can go a whole lot further in delicious flavor. Our banana bread bundt cake is the new incredible on the block. Adding a salted caramel glaze on top takes this banana bundt cake to all-new levels of delicious. You won’t believe it only takes 20 minutes of prep to make a dessert that goes down like heaven.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 sliced ripe medium bananas
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Salted Caramel Glaze
- ⅓ cup caramel topping
- Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 10- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and bananas. Microwave uncovered on High 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 minutes or until bananas are cooked and caramelized.
- Add cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; turn upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate, and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Place cake on serving plate.
- Drizzle cake with caramel topping. Sprinkle with kosher salt.