Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
Open up a whole world of sweet baking potential with your next box of Betty Crocker™ super moist cake mix and just a few pantry staples. One of the best and easiest ways to transform your cake mix is using the mix to bake delicious and easy family-favorite chocolate chip cookies! These cookies taste just as soft and chewy as homemade chocolate chip cookies made entirely from scratch, but when you use a cake mix it takes less time to make the dough and clean-up is faster. With Betty, the cookie possibilities are endless when you are ready to bake with a box of Betty Crocker™ super moist cake mix!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). In large bowl, beat cake mix, butter, 1 tablespoon milk, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, or mix with spoon. Mix in additional 1 tablespoon milk if dough is too dry. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by slightly less than tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft and cookies will be very light in color). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store covered.