Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Who says beautiful desserts have to be hard to make? Not Betty! Thanks to Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix, these beautiful brownies with cream cheese look like fancy bakery treats, but they come together with just 15 minutes of prep work on your part.
- 3 oz (from 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, separated, yolk reserved for brownie batter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- Reserved egg yolk
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar with spoon until smooth. Add flour, egg white and vanilla; mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box, adding reserved egg yolk. Reserve 1/2 cup brownie batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter in pan. Spoon filling by tablespoonful dollops evenly onto batter, making 3 rows by 3 rows. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the reserved brownie batter in center of each filling dollop. Draw knife through mixture in four straight lines horizontally, then vertically for swirled design. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool 30 minutes on cooling rack. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.