Gingerbread Brownie Cutouts
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
The ease of brownies combines with the tradition of gingerbread cutouts in this festive, kid-friendly brownie recipe.
- 1 box (18.3 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker™ Decorating Cookie Icing white icing
- 24 M&M's® minis milk chocolate candies or red cinnamon candies
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, letting foil hang 2 inches over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix brownie mix, water, oil, eggs, ginger and cinnamon until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely, about 1 hour. Freeze in pan 30 minutes.
- Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away. Cut out 8 gingerbread men using 3-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter. Gently push brownie out of cutter each time. Set aside end pieces for snacking. If cutter gets sticky, wipe clean with damp paper towel before cutting again.
- Decorate each gingerbread man with cookie icing; place candies for buttons. Let stand about 30 minutes or until icing is set. Store covered in airtight container at room temperature with waxed paper between layers.