Banana Tres Leches Dessert
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
Tres Leches cake is the Hispanic-influenced dessert showing up on restaurant dessert menus. Soaked in three sweet milks, this version boasts using a foolproof Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ cake mix to make it easy.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- ½ cup (from 14-oz can) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Banana slices and/or toasted coconut, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Poke top of cake every 1/2 inch with long-tined fork, wiping fork occasionally to reduce sticking. In large bowl, stir together condensed milk, coconut milk and whipping cream. Carefully pour evenly over top of cake. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight until mixture is absorbed into cake.
- Spread frosting over cake. Garnish each serving with banana slices and/or toasted coconut. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle your favorite toasted nuts over the top of the cake.