Christmas Tree Pancake Stacks
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
These adorable trees are so easy to make just by coloring up a batch of Bisquick® pancakes! Each tree is stack of different size pancakes with fun, festive decorations that will delight young and old alike.
- 4 cups Betty Crocker Pancake Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons green paste food color, if desired
- Snowy Vanilla Glaze
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- Toppings and Garnishes, If Desired
- Powdered sugar
- Candy sprinkles
- Small candies
- In large bowl, stir all Pancakes ingredients until well blended. Heat nonstick griddle to 375°F. or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- Each pancake tree is a stack of 8 different size pancakes. Make only one tree at a time. Pour 1/4 cupful, 3 level measuring tablespoons, 2 level measuring tablespoons and 1 level measuring tablespoon batter onto hot griddle. Watching each pancake carefully, cook until bubbly on top and dry around edges (small pancakes will get done first). Turn; cook other side until light golden brown around edges. Keep warm. To make remaining 4 pancakes to form one tree, pour 2 level measuring teaspoons, 1 level measuring teaspoon, 1/2 level measuring teaspoon and 1/4 level measuring teaspoon batter onto hot griddle. Watching each pancake carefully, cook until bubbly on top and dry around edges; pancakes will cook quickly. Turn; cook other side until light golden brown around edges (they will cook very quickly). Repeat with remaining batter to make 5 more trees.
- To assemble trees, stack on serving plate starting with largest size pancakes on bottom and stacking each smaller size pancake on top. Drizzle with Snowy Vanilla Glaze and garnish with sprinkles or candies, or, just sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with sprinkles or candies.