Spring Celebration Mini Bundt Cakes
Pretty and pastel, these mini bundt cakes just say “spring.” They’re elegant enough to be served as Easter dessert, but fun enough for other less formal occasions. And as a bonus for any party host, they’re stealthily simple to make because they start with shortcut ingredients like Betty Crocker™ yellow cake mix, Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting and Great Value™ pastel pink gel food color—the rest comes down to a few simple techniques that even beginner bakers can achieve. And as pretty as these little cakes are on the outside, don’t underestimate the inside, either: It gets a pretty pink swirl of tinted batter that’ll wow everyone.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 tube (0.67 oz) Great Value™ pastel pink gel food color (about 2 1/2 teaspoons)
- ¾ cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- 1 tablespoon Great Value™ pastel-colored sprinkle mix
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 12 nonstick mini fluted tube cake pan cups (4x1 3/4-inch) with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- In small bowl, place 1/2 cup of the batter; stir in 1 teaspoon of the pink food color until blended. Divide remaining yellow cake batter equally into cake pan cups (about 1/3 cup each). Drop 2 teaspoonfuls of the pink batter onto cake batter in each of the cake pan cups. Using table knife, stir in a circle 2 to 3 times to swirl color.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen around sides of each cake with small, thin metal spatula; turn upside down onto cooling rack, and remove pans. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Place cooling rack with cakes over cookie sheet or waxed paper. In small microwavable bowl, add frosting and remaining pink food color (about 1 1/2 teaspoons); mix to blend. Microwave uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds, stirring until smooth glaze consistency. If necessary, heat in additional 5-second increments, stirring after each, until smooth glaze consistency. Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon over tops of cakes (allow some frosting to drip down). Sprinkle tops of cakes with sprinkles.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.