Princess Crown Cupcakes
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
Create cute, edible crown toppers for your princess cupcakes by rolling out sugar-coated gumdrops and cutting them into crown shapes.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Pink liquid food color
- 24 large sugar-coated yellow gumdrops
- Coarse pink decorator sugar or edible candy pearls, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place frosting in medium bowl, and tint with pink food color to desired shade of pink. Place frosting in decorating bag fitted with large open star tip. Pipe frosting on tops of cupcakes.
- Use rolling pin to roll gumdrops flat. Use kitchen scissors or knife to cut crown from each gumdrop. Place gumdrop crowns on tops of cupcakes.