Holiday Tree Brownies
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Cut up brownies to create a fun holiday treat. Decorating is child’s play.
- 1 box (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- Miniature candy canes (2 inch), unwrapped
- 1 or 2 drops green food color
- ⅓ cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16-oz container)
- Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors red and green candy sprinkles or miniature candy-coated chocolate baking bit
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of pan. Grease bottom and sides of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make brownie mix batter as directed on box. Spread in pan.
- Bake 28 to 31 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Freeze in pan 15 minutes. Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away. To cut brownie into triangles, cut into 3 rows. Cut each row into 5 triangles (See More About This Recipe). Set aside leftover pieces for snacking.
- Break off curved end of candy cane; insert straight piece into bottoms of triangles to make tree trunks.
- Stir food color into frosting. Spoon frosting into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; partially seal bag. Cut off tiny bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe frosting over brownies. Sprinkle with decors.
- Use a plastic knife to make cutting brownie trees easier.