Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Need a coffee cake with a little extra? Indulge family and friends with a sweet breakfast or brunch treat.
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries (about 25 cherries), drained, stems removed
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup melted butter into pan; turn pan to coat with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Arrange cherries and pecans on sugar mixture.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons softened butter and egg until combined; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Spoon batter evenly over cherries and pecans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof plate upside down on pan; carefully turn plate and pan over to remove coffee cake. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle, adding additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.