Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
Need a coffee cake with a little extra? Indulge family and friends with a sweet breakfast or brunch treat.
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, melted
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries (about 25 cherries), drained, stems removed
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8- or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with cooking spray. Pour 1/3 cup melted butter into pan; turn pan to coat with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Arrange cherries and pecans on sugar mixture.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, milk, 2 tablespoons softened butter and egg until combined; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Spoon batter evenly over cherries and pecans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately place heatproof plate upside down on pan; carefully turn plate and pan over to remove coffee cake. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle, adding additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.