Midnight Molten Brownie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Ooey gooey! Scrumptious cupcakes oozing chocolaty goodness will satisfy even the pickiest chocolate lover.
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- About ½ cup Betty Crocker™ stars, confetti or critters decors, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously grease 12 muffin cups (2 3/4x1 1/4 inches). In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until melted and mixture can be stirred smooth.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk or electric mixer until foamy. Reserve chocolate syrup pouch from brownie mix. Gradually beat dry brownie mix into egg mixture until well blended. Gently stir in melted chocolate mixture. Fill muffin cups half full of brownie mixture; top each with 1/2 teaspoon decors. Top with remaining brownie mixture.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set and internal temperature is at least 160°F. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Centers will be soft. Cool 2 minutes.
- Loosen each cupcake with knife; turn upside down onto heatproof tray or cookie sheet. To serve, place cupcake on plate; drizzle with reserved chocolate syrup and top with additional decors.
- Kids will love seeing the shapes oozing out of the molten centers! Use colorful stars, confetti or critter shapes inside cupcakes and also sprinkled on top.