Double Rainbow Cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
Make your celebrations even more exciting with these surprise-on-the-inside cupcakes filled with colorful sprinkles.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ rainbow party chip cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup assorted Betty Crocker™ candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Using melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful candy sprinkles.
- Divide frosting among small bowls, and tint with food colors. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Store loosely covered.