Double Rainbow Cupcakes
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
Make your celebrations even more exciting with these surprise-on-the-inside cupcakes filled with colorful sprinkles.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ rainbow party chip cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup assorted Betty Crocker™ candy sprinkles
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Assorted food colors, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full). Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Using melon baller, scoop out center of each cupcake, about 1 inch deep. Fill each with 1 heaping teaspoonful candy sprinkles.
- Divide frosting among small bowls, and tint with food colors. Frost cupcakes with frosting. Store loosely covered.