Salted Caramel-Chocolate Banana Skillet Brownie
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
Caramelized bananas piled on top of a skillet brownie? Sign us up! This skillet dessert calls for just five ingredients and is made extra easy when you caramelize the bananas in the microwave.
- 1 box (17.8 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme triple chunk brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on box for cakelike brownies
- ⅓ cup salted caramel topping
- 3 ripe medium bananas, cut into 3/4-inch slices (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Coarse sea salt, if desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease bottom of 8-inch cast-iron skillet with shortening. Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies. Spread in skillet.
- Bake 38 to 41 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix caramel topping and bananas. Microwave uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until bananas are softened and warmed. Pour on top of brownie. Cut into wedges; sprinkle with sea salt.
- For extra indulgence, serve with vanilla ice cream!
- Microwave ovens vary, so carefully watch to avoid burning or overcooking the caramel.