Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours 35 Minutes
Thank goodness it isn’t a dream! Chocolate in four forms, including Betty Crocker® cake mix, makes this dessert extra chocolaty—and extra delicious.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ chocolate Fudge cake mix
- ¾ cup chocolate milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate fudge instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
Rich Chocolate Glaze
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and dry pudding mix with spoon until well blended (batter will be very thick). Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into pan.
- Bake 56 to 64 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat glaze ingredients over low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cake. Store loosely covered.