Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Fresh mozzarella and basil, olive oil and tomatoes spell “Margherita” pizza with prized Italian flavors. Mmm!
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ pizza crust mix
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, well drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ¼ cup thin strips fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 425°F. Grease cookie sheet or pizza pan. Make pizza crust as directed on pouch. Press dough into 12-inch circle on cookie sheet or pizza pan, using floured fingers. Press dough from center to edge so edge is slightly thicker than center.
- Cut mozzarella into 1/4-inch slices. Place cheese on dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Arrange tomatoes on cheese. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of the basil and the oregano. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.
- You can use 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves for the fresh, but expect the flavor to be different.