Muffin Glory Cake
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Mmm! Warm coffee cake with a sweet drizzled glaze. Apples, carrots and pineapple make glorious additions to an easy muffin mix recipe.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- ½ cup chopped peeled apple
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom only of 8-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir together Muffin Mix, apple, carrot, walnuts and coconut. In small bowl, stir together oil, eggs and pineapple; stir into muffin mixture. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with Streusel (from Muffin Mix).
- Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 1 to 2 teaspoons water until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm cake.