Birthday Cake Cookies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Perfect to take to an office-mate or for a classroom celebration, these don’t-spare-the-sprinkles birthday cake cookies are each a mini-party of their own.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup rainbow mix candy sprinkles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup Decorating Decors polka dot nonpareils
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cake mix, rainbow candy sprinkles, butter, milk and egg until soft batter forms. Scoop 20 tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Remove from cookie sheet; cool completely.
- Spread frosting on bottom of 1 cookie; top with second cookie, bottom side down.
- Roll edges of frosting in confetti candy sprinkles. If desired, top each with a birthday candle.
- Rainbow candy sprinkles are added to the batter and offer a bright, party-like feel. If you don’t have rainbow sprinkles in your pantry, feel free to omit them. The cookies will still bake up perfectly and taste totally delicious.
- Mix it up! Try making this recipe with any of your favorite cake and frosting flavors!