Spooky Eyeball Halloween Cake
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Your little goblins and witches will be wide-eyed with excitement making this fun Halloween cake!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ devil’s food cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 2 containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting (3 cups)
- Betty Crocker™ neon gel food colors (orange, purple and lime green)
- 1 package (0.88 oz) Betty Crocker™ Candy Shop candy eyeballs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray bottoms and sides of three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour 1 1/3 cups batter in each pan.
- Bake cakes 17 to 21 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Divide frosting into 3 small bowls (1 cup each). Stir 1/2 teaspoon different color of food color into each bowl. Fit 3 separate decorating bags with 1/2-inch round piping tip; fill each with different color frosting. Place first cake layer on plate. Using green frosting, pipe around top edge of cake layer, forming a thick frosting border. Spread additional frosting over top of cake inside frosting border. Top with second cake layer; repeat border and filling with purple frosting. Place third cake layer on top; repeat with orange frosting. Pipe remaining frosting into mounds over top of cake, alternating colors and sizes of mounds.
- Decorate as desired using candy eyeballs on frosting mounds and side of cake. Store cake covered at room temperature.