Reindeer Sugar Cookies
Prep Time: 60 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
These cute reindeer cookies will be flying off holiday dessert platters.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Flour, butter and egg called for on sugar cookie mix pouch for cutout cookies
- 1 container (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 40 Betty Crocker™ Candy Shop candy eyeballs
- 20 Hershey’s™ Kisses™ brand milk chocolates, unwrapped
- 1 tube (3.5 oz) sparkle gel icing (red, green or white), if desired
- Betty Crocker™ Jingle Mix nonpareils, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix cookie mix, flour, butter and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Divide dough in half; shape into flattened squares. Wrap each flattened square in plastic wrap; refrigerate about 15 minutes or until dough is firm and cold, yet pliable.
- Take out one half of dough from refrigerator, and unwrap. On work surface sprinkled generously with flour, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 4-inch gingerbread boy cookie cutter. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Repeat steps with second half of dough, adding leftover pieces into the mix to reroll.
- Turn each cookie so head is pointed down to look like a reindeer face. Using knife, spread slightly less than 2 teaspoons frosting over cookie. Attach 2 candy eyeballs and 1 milk chocolate for nose. Decorate with gel icing to look like antlers on each cookie. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Let stand until set.