Peanut Butter Waffle Toast
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
This social sharing feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
Waffle toast? Bread covered with a peanut butter batter is baked in a waffle iron, creating a cross between French toast and waffles.
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 to 8 slices bread
- 6 to 8 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat waffle iron; grease with shortening if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- In medium bowl, stir milk, Bisquick mix, peanut butter, granulated sugar, vanilla and egg until well blended. Carefully dip bread into batter on both sides. Place in waffle iron; close lid.
- Bake about 2 minutes or until steaming stops and ""toast"" is golden. Carefully remove waffle toast. Sprinkle each waffle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips and powdered sugar.
- The peanutty batter covering the bread is thick so it clings to the bread. If it seems a little too thick, add a small amount of milk. When you coat the bread, use your fingers to turn the slices (messy) or try using a spatula (less messy). Either way, the toast turns out delicious!