Peanut Butter Waffle Toast
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Waffle toast? Bread covered with a peanut butter batter is baked in a waffle iron, creating a cross between French toast and waffles.
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 to 8 slices bread
- 6 to 8 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Heat waffle iron; grease with shortening if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- In medium bowl, stir milk, Bisquick mix, peanut butter, granulated sugar, vanilla and egg until well blended. Carefully dip bread into batter on both sides. Place in waffle iron; close lid.
- Bake about 2 minutes or until steaming stops and ""toast"" is golden. Carefully remove waffle toast. Sprinkle each waffle with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips and powdered sugar.
- The peanutty batter covering the bread is thick so it clings to the bread. If it seems a little too thick, add a small amount of milk. When you coat the bread, use your fingers to turn the slices (messy) or try using a spatula (less messy). Either way, the toast turns out delicious!