Mandarin Swirl Cake
Total Time: 50 Minutes
The juicy deliciousness of Mandarin oranges paired with the classic Vanilla Sponge Cake. This Mother’s day, celebrate with Betty Crocker with a modern twist to a classic dessert.
- 1 Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Delights French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2/3 cup mandarin juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup mandarin juice , extra
- 2 teaspoons finely grated mandarin rind
- 250g mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1 container Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Grease and line a 20cm deep round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, mandarin juice ,yogurt and butter. Beat on a medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, and then gently remove from pan onto a wire rack.
- Combine caster sugar and water in a small saucepan stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook until 8 -10 minutes or until slightly thickened Stir in extra mandarin juice and rind.
- Slice cake in half and drizzle 1/3 cup of warm syrup on cut faces of cake. Put syrup into the fridge and allow it to cool.
- Sandwich cake together with mascarpone cream. Apply a luscious layer of vanilla frosting on top then drizzle cold mandarin syrup. Drop violets on top as a garnish.